Sunday, October 23, 2011

Seven Years Ago..We said "We Do"

Seven years ago today I married the love of my life.


I can’t believe it..really seven years??! I can still close my eyes and remember that perfect day like it was yesterday, where in front of God, family and friends we said “we do”.


I remember feeling very nervous before walking into the church, but as soon as those doors opened and I saw him smiling, his eyes tearing up and the love in his face. I was no longer nervous and for the first time ever I felt God’s presence..and just like that my worry was gone. All that mattered was us taking our vows, promising to love and cherish each other forever and ever!


And to think..it all started with one amazing kiss on the beach..13 years ago. I can still feel the butterflies in my stomach, the joy in my heart and the soft whisper of god telling me ‘HE will be your husband”. From that moment on, I knew he was the one, my heart was no longer mine..but his.


I am not sure what amazing thing I did in my prior life to deserve such a wonderful man. But I am beyond grateful, and thank god everyday for my Greg. He is such a loving and caring husband, my biggest supporter, fan, my best friend and the most amazing father ever.


I love that even after 13 years:


I can still look into his eyes and see nothing but LOVE

He still makes me feel like the prettiest girl in the room

He loves me just as I am, flaws and all..and would NEVER ask me to change

He still calls me everyday, just to tell me he loves me

We talk about everything and anything

Every love song is ours

He is so strong..yet so sweet

Together we get through the obstacles of life and he makes me feel safe

Our most perfect days are together..just us..just doing nothing

We still laugh..we still sweet talk..we still love


Today I reflect and rejoice on the seven happiest years of my life. Because of him.


Happy Anniversary baby...I would say “I do” a zillion more times to you! You will forever be my “Hermoso Carino”.


xoxo,

Claudia

4 comments:

  1. you are so cute! I love this & I love the fact that you two still sound very much in love. I am so happy to hear a little of your love story my friend . . he sounds like a wonderful man & I am glad because YOU deserve one! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this is the sweetest post ever... I heart true love.

    xoxo, Latisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO BEAUTIFUL! wonderful pics and a wonderful marriage! I feel the SAME way about my husband! Happy Anniversary to you both...and many more beautiful years together :)

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin